Each prospective member requesting electric service will be required to:
1. Sign an application for service contract
2. Pay a $5.00 membership fee
3. Pay a $10.00 service fee
4. Provide adequate identification – driver’s license
5. Provide social security number
6. Complete credit assessment to determine deposit options
7. Provide proof of ownership or lease agreement
Service will not be supplied if prospective member is indebted to Fort Loudoun Electric Coop, until indebtedness is paid.
Home owners and renters will undergo a credit assessment to determine the deposit options as listed below:
1. Based on credit assessment the deposit may be waived.
2. If a deposit is required, the minimum deposit shall be twice the average amount of the bill at the location.
3. The credit check will determine the deposit amount required.
When paying any deposits/fees over $500, please be prepared to pay by cash, check or money order in our office. FLEC cannot accept credit or debit card charges over $500.
A member with 24 months good credit history will be eligible to receive the deposit back in the form of a credit to them on their bill, including members on/in rental agreements. (Good credit means having no more than two late payments in a 24 month history.)
FLEC is now required to accrue interest on deposits held over 12 months. This amount will be applied as a credit on the account.
Upon termination of service, any deposit will be applied against unpaid bill and if any balance remains after such application, said balance will be refunded to member.
Click here to read more information on Commercial deposits.
FLEC is required to treat everyone in a class the same, regardless of tax exempt status. Non-profit organizations will now be required to pay a deposit or provide a letter of credit, Certificate of Deposit, or some form of security for the accounts.